Guys. Every time we feel like we’ve nailed another high-fiber recipe down, we come up with another one. A tastier one. A muffin recipe that includes sweet potatoes and Omega3NutraCleanse®.
Adapted from a muffin recipe we found in Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, It’s All Good, we tweaked a few things and discovered something super tasty. Check it out:
Flax + Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Omega3NutraCleanse®
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick the sweet potato a few times, wrap it in tin foil, then bake for one hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel potato and mash the flesh in large bowl. Melt the coconut oil, then add to potato, along with milk, syrup, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In second bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold into the wet mixture and stir.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners and distribute batter evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely, then enjoy!
This muffin recipe is super high in fibre, and uses natural, minimally processed ingredients.
This article was published by O3NC in B.C, Canada.