3 Omega3NutraCleanse® Recipes for Winter
We know smoothies are hard to wrap your brain around when it’s cold and wet outside. Since mixing Omega3NutraCleanse® into a smoothie is our customers’ preferred way of incorporating our product into their diet, we thought we’d offer more options that are more realistic for the current season.
Here are 3 gluten-free winter recipes that use Omega3NutraCleanse® (All 3 recipes adapted from Vegetarian Comfort Foods with permission from author Jennifer Browne.):
Winter Quinoa Bowl
This is a great alternative to a hot breakfast cereal. Breakfast in the winter need not be boring! The walnuts add some healthy fat, and quinoa is a complete protein, which creates a perfect meal for plant-based, gluten-free eaters.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Omega3NutraCleanse®
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Combine quinoa and almond milk.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove; then turn heat down to low.
- Cook until all milk is absorbed, and quinoa is fairly translucent.
- Remove from heat, stir in Omega3NutraCleanse®, and divide into bowls.
- Top with banana slices, walnuts, and cinnamon. Enjoy!
It’s perfect for a cold winter day, and especially if you’re in the mood for something hearty.
- 16 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 mushrooms
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup Omega3NutraCleanse®
- Drain and rinse beans well, then set aside.
- Combine onion, green pepper, carrots, and garlic in food processor.
- Process for about 7-8 seconds on high; then slice your mushrooms.
- Combine veggie mixture with mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, water, spices, and bay leaves in crock pot.
- Cook on high for two hours, or low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add Omega3NutraCleanse® and stir into chili.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve hot.
Chunky Monkey Cookies
These cookies are soft and fabulous and entirely flourless. Be careful—they vanish quickly.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup Omega3NutraCleanse®
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, and then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let batter stand for about 10 minutes (this is important—it’s how the batter thickens up).
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely, and then enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these winter recipes! Leave us a comment below if you have any suggestions or questions.
*Photo by Tanya Loewen of Wild Honey Art House.