3 High-Fibre Summer Recipes You’ll Love
Summer is here, and that means trips to the beach, bike rides, long hikes, backpacking, camping, and long days by the pool.
Whether you’re looking to get back in shape, lose weight, or just feel better, it’s important to fuel your body with the nutrition it needs so you can enjoy your favorite summer activities to the fullest. A critical part of a healthy diet that supports a busy summer lifestyle is fibre. There are a lot of reasons you should eat more fibre; from losing belly fat to increasing your regularity, improving your gut health, and much more. Simply put, the more fibre you eat, the better you feel. And your body will be able to keep up with the busy summer ahead.
Here are three high-fibre summer recipes we think you’ll love.
Tart Summer Smoothie
Complete with raspberries, rhubarb, and Omega3NutraCleanse®, this smoothie is positively packed with fibre and tastes refreshing on a sizzling summer day.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup chopped rhubarb
- 2 spears ripe pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup Omega 3 NutraCleanse®
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or pour into popsicle molds and freeze for later.
Tip: Smoothie too thick? Add more coconut water for a thinner, yet still amazingly refreshing texture.
No-Cook Black Bean Salad
During a warm, busy summer, the last thing you want to do is spend hours inside a hot kitchen. Keep the oven off for this no-cook black bean salad. Low in calories and filled with nutritious fibre, this summer salad is sure to please at your next picnic or BBQ.
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ears corn, kernels removed, or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and seeded.
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of Omega3NutraCleanse®
- Place onion in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside.
- Make the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Just before serving, combine salad greens, corn, tomatoes, and beans in a large bowl.
- Drain the onions and add to the bowl, along with the avocado dressing. Toss to coat.
Raspberry-Almond Overnight Oatmeal
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But it doesn’t have to be time-consuming! This simple, ready-to-go breakfast is cool, creamy, refreshing, and packed with fibre. Perfect for those busy summer mornings.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- ½ tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup of Omega3NutraCleanse®
- ½ cup raspberries
- Mix ingredients together in a container (a mason jar works great).
- Cover, and stick in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top with fresh raspberries and extra chopped almonds.